Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Grad school in CAIRO or MALIBU, hired on base, g/f visiting Europe!!!



Today was amazing: I found out I got accepted into Pepperdine University (in MALIBU baby!!!), and also accepted into American University in Cairo, and I finally got a job on the military base!



GRAD SCHOOLS:


I just got accepted (like 15 min ago) to Pepperdine University in MALLIIBBUUUUUU <3333

The campus <333



And I just found this morning that I was accepted into the American University in Cairo!

American University in Cairo campus. Not as flashy, but still pretty boss.
 This pic that I stole from their website...
 Im not trying to advertise for them and tell you to apply now

About 10 days ago, I found out I was accepted to a school in Monterey, California at the Monterey Institute of International Studies!
It's a really exciting time, and really crazy, because the course of my life can change rather quick, with a simple email from a school.

Monterey, California
 I also applied to the Peace Corps, and with Monterey's program that I got into, they would allow me to go to grad school for one year, Peace Corps for 2, then one more year at Monterey half price.

I still have to hear back from the American University in Beirut., the last school I'm waiting on.

My choices:

It's funny that out of the choices I have left are in TOTALLY opposite places. What kind of normal person applies to schools in the Middle East and schools on the gorgeous California coastline??

This guy, apparently.

JOB ON THE MILITARY BASE:


K, so its a little bit hard to get hired on base if you are a civilian. Or, at least I would like to tell myself that since I just got rejected from a job at Baskin Robbins.. (still unfathomable)... 

because, as you may have seen on my fb status, "another qualified applicant" got the job. WTF!? I have a college degree!!

Well, after applying all around, I am pleased to have been hired today as a server at Chili's! woooo

That news is rather timely, because after all, Istanbul won't pay for itself.

UPCOMING TRAVELING:


Oh, excuuUUUUuse me, but I forgot to mention, momma told us that she's booking us tickets to Istanbul! Should be pretty ill. I don't know what to expect, but that country should start getting ready for me.

Also, I will be heading to Madrid and Paris, because my slampiece will be visiting me over here! Oh, woops, I mean.. girlfriend.

GIRLFRIEND VISITING:

us near San Fran last year

So, this is gonna be epic. Basically, she is doing a Euro trip with her friends after graduating and... well, DUH, that means were gonna get to have a date below the Eiffel Tower!!

How fucking nuts is that??

Super nuts, I KNOW.

Our story is awesome: 

We met at a club in Chicago when visiting for a dance competition. I memorize her number because I lost my phone, remember her number in the morning (after drinking so much the previous night that I can not even remember how the night ended), went to visit her a few weeks later in Pittsburgh where she goes to school, then had our first date in New York City, then visited her at her internship in San Francisco, then she came to Delaware, then I visited her at her home in Dirty Jers.

We have been separated here and there, and had some rough times, but nothing is perfect. So here we are, happy together now and enjoying the moment :)

As I was saying.. now we will be hitting up the clubs of Madrid, having a date below the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and strolling the little towns in Germany holding hands.

-----

Okay... if this day gets any more awesome, I'm going to explode. I'm going to go to bed now and let clouds float me off to Malibu...

Then maybe explode or some shit, because I dont care, eff that, my life is awesome!!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats man! Great to hear that you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Breakup. I appreciate your kind note. Hope all is well with you too, miss all you guys back home

    ReplyDelete